Strength of material mcq pdf ( objective Questions and answers ) are picked precisely from the topics in content below:
- BASIC DEFINITIONS
- TYPES OF STRESSES: Types of Strains, Elastic Body and Elastic Strains, Plastic Body and Plastic Strains.
- HOOKE’S LAW: Modulus of Elasticity or Young’s Modulus (E), Modulus of Rigidity or Shear Modulus of Elasticity, Bulk Modulus (K).
- EXTENSION OF A UNIFORM ROD OR UNIFORMLY TAPERING ROD
- STRESS AND EXTENSION OF A UNIFORM ROD OR CONICAL ROD
DUE TO ITS OWN WEIGHT
- BARS OF COMPOSITE SECTIONS
- THERMAL STRESSES
- POISSON’S RATIO AND LATERAL STRAIN
- RESILIENCE: Shear Resilience, Relations between Modulus of Elasticity (E), Modulus of Rigidity (C) and Bulk Modulus
(K) in Terms of Poisson’s Ratio
- STRESSES ON AN INCLINED SECTION OF A BAR CARRYING AXIAL LOAD: A Bar Subjected to One Tensile Stress, A Bar Subjected to Two Like Principal Stresses, A Bar Subjected to Two Direct Stresses in Two Mutually Perpendicular Direction
Accompanied by a Shear Stress (τ)
- MOHR’S CIRCLE OF STRESSES: A Bar Subjected to Two Unequal Like Principal Stresses, A Bar is Subjected to Two Unequal Unlike Principal Stresses
- PRINCIPAL STRESSES ON A POINT ON A SHAFT SUBJECTED TO BENDING AND TORSION
- STRAIN ENERGY STORED IN A STRAINED MATERIAL
- SHEAR FORCE DIAGRAM AND BENDING MOMENT DIAGRAM: Shear Force Diagram, Bending Moment Diagram, Beam, Types of Loading, Relation Between Shear Force (S.F.) and Bending Moment (B.M.) at a Section, Point of Contra-flexure or Point of Inflexion, Bending Equation, Section Modulus, Differential Equations of Flexure
- DEFLECTION AND SLOPE: Uniform Beam Simply Supported at the Ends, Beam with uniformly distributed load, Beam with a point load (W) at a distance ‘a’ from one end and ‘b’ from the other end., Cantilevers, A cantilever with a point load (W) at the free end., A cantilever carrying a uniformly distributed load of w per unit length over the whole length (l), A cantilever of length (l) carrying a load whose intensity varies uniformly from zero at free end to w per unit length at the fixed end, Fixed Beam, Fixed beam carrying a point load at the centre, Fixed beam carrying a uniformly distributed load of w per unit length over the whole span.
- TORSION OF SHAFTS: Polar Modulus, Torsional Rigidity, Power Transmitted by a Rotating Shaft, Torsional Resilience
- SPRINGS: Laminated Springs, Helical Springs, Close-coiled Helical Springs, Open-coiled Helical Springs
- DIRECT AND BENDING STRESSES
- THIN CYLINDERS AND SPHERES: Strains in Cylindrical Shells, Riveted Cylindrical Shells, Thin Spherical Shells
- THICK CYLINDERS AND SPHERES: Thick Spherical Shells
- COLUMNS AND STRUTS: Slenderness Ratio, Buckling Factor, Equivalent Length, End Condition, Euler’s Theory of Long Columns, Rankine’s Formula, Gordon’s Formula, Johnson’s Parabolic Formula
- STRESS-STRAIN CURVE FOR A MILD STEEL BAR
If you want read more strength of material pdf mcq Click here.